Traditional Glass Neon
In the signage industry, neon signs are electric signs lighted by long luminous gas-discharge tubes that contain rarefied neon or other gases. They are the most common use for neon, which was first demonstrated in a modern form in December 1910 by Georges Claude at the Paris Motor Show. While they are used worldwide, neon signs were popular in the United States from about the 1920s to 1950s. However, the popularity of this custom labor intensive and high cost method of making and maintaining the glass tube sign declined in the 1960s and began to see it replaced with other cheaper and less labor intensive sign products and lost its appeal and sustainability of an electrical signage product.
Everyone love a neon sign that produce a distinctive glow in an urban environment. Neon can be a functional sign to draw the attention of the customer to a business or a unique piece of decoration in your shop, restaurant, home and even for social media snapshot that convey a message. The beauty of neon sign is timeless.
Revival of the neon “look” sign by LED faux neon
LED faux or flex neon refers to LED strip constructed in such a way to emulate neon lights. The LED tape is embedded on the side of a silicone filled, plastic C-channel; the silicone both diffuses the light from the LED tape and directs it out to one side, 90 degrees to the direction the SMD LEDs face. This design allows the lights to be bent in what appears to be the opposite direction to how regular LED tape can be bent, allowing one to spell words and create pictures with it much like neon signs.
Send us your design drawn with the common software such as adobe illustrator or autocad, be it a conceptual image you have in your mind, we will work with you to turn it into a neon sign design. Our team of designers and engineers will provide design rendering, modification, customization and fabrication to transform it into a LED Faux neon sign complete with mounting accessories, controller or/and driver.
Advantages of Blueview LED flex neon vs
the commonly found 1-piece type LED neon in the market.
The illumination face of our LED faux neon sign is made up of 2 part components: the silicone sleeve and multi-directional bendable LED strip embedded on an ultra-high clarity acrylic panel or colored opal acrylic of your design.
The advantages of this unique construction over the conventional single piece type led silicone rope commonly seen in the market are:
- Ease of maintenance, the silicone and led strip are separable, replacement of either component is easy.
- Flexibility of having multiple combinations of either white or colored silicone sleeve with led strips of various colors and color temperature. You can simply mix and match to suit your requirement in term of how you want the colors and brightness of the sign.
- Able to produce sharp edges for those acute angles in the design.
- All the silicone neon sleeve and LED strip are manufacturer in-house with its quality guaranteed! (Blueview is the leading led strip and modules manufacturer in China)
- Lower cost to manufacturer, in which the cost savings will be transfer to our customers.
For North America customers:
- Our signs are 100% made in Malaysia and enjoy savings in import tariff. (if you are currently importing from China)
- The complete LED neon signs are UL certified (UL file no: E515887)
- Our silicone sleeve products are all manufactured in-house and have been UL certified under the UYMR category and listed in the SAM (Sign component manual) under our file number: E318168